Going For ItJuly 18, 2017
What are you going to do for work?August 29, 2017
I have tried many recipes to make yummy energy balls, but this is the one I use the most often. It requires 5 ingredients and a food processor.
-1 cup raw almonds
-1 cup walnuts
-1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
-2 tablespoons coconut oil
-2 cups of Medjool dates (take the pit out! You can use a knife to slice down one side of the date to then quickly take out the pit)
- Add all of the ingredients into the food processor and mix until thoroughly blended.
- Remove the mixture into a bowl.
- Set out a smaller bowl and add either shredded coconut, or cocoa powder (to be used to roll the ball in later). This step can be skipped if you don’t want a topping.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on top of a baking sheet or a large cutting board.
- Squeeze the mixture in one hand until it forms a ball shape. I tried rolling the mixture between two hands, but it crumbles.
- Roll the ball in your topping (either shredded coconut or cocoa powder) and then set on the parchment paper.
- Put in the fridge (at least 20 min) or freezer (at least 10 minutes) until you eat or place in a storage container.
***There are many variations to this recipe that you can use. One common variation I use is to either use all almonds, or all walnuts, based on what I have available in my kitchen. Some recipes call for adding vanilla, salt, etc. but I think this one is perfect! And it’s only 5 ingredients.